Mobile App Developer Job Description
Create a short introduction about your company and the things that make it an attractive option for highly skilled app developers. Include information about where the company has published in the past, achievements made, working culture, the perks and benefits that make it a great place to work.
If teams are distributed, flexible working is an option, or extensive travel is a part of the role then you should mention it here, alongside anything else that makes your company interesting or stand out from the crowd.
Example App Developer Job Description
We are looking for an app developer with iOS/Android/cross-platform framework experience. The ideal candidate will have published apps to the marketplace in the past. Having a portfolio of applications to demonstrate will be considered a significant bonus.
Strong working knowledge of iOS/Android native languages is a must, as is experience with RESTful APIs, Agile development methodologies, continuous integration, and testing tools.
Experience publishing apps build using React Native/Flutter/Cordova will be a distinct advantage.
If you’re passionate about performance and obsessive over UI, we want to hear from you! We want a team member who can turn code into user-friendly apps. As a mobile app developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop highly-functional mobile applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven application development experience in a commercial environment
- At least 3+ years of experience building mobile applications
- Extensive working knowledge of at least one mobile-native language (Swift, Java, Objective-C, Kotlin)
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience with CI/CD
- Familiarity with JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Demonstrable portfolio of apps (bonus if they are currently released on iOS or Android marketplace)
- Ability to perform well in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extensive experience with conducting and participating in code reviews
- BSc degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Identify and plan new features
- Writing clean high-quality code
- Work collaboratively with engineers across a variety of domains and time zones
- Write unit and UI tests to identify issues
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with the product development team to plan new features
- Promote simple, elegant solutions that solve current problems while laying the groundwork for future development
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends