The syntax of jQuery is quite similar to that of CSS, which makes it easy to learn. In addition, there's a budding jQuery community. So, in case you or your developers run into problems, the answers can be found easily. jQuery is easy to use, highly flexible, and cross-platform compatible.
Drawbacks of jQuery
D3.js comes with several reusable components, which makes creating visualizations easy. In addition, you can customize the visualizations the way you want. The community backing D3.js is pretty great. So, there'll always be some helping hands should your developers run into any problems.
Drawbacks of D3.js
D3.js has a steep learning curve and poor documentation, making it hard for new developers to master using the library.
While customizing visualizations is easy with D3.js, when it comes to creating visualizations, the developers might have a hard time. Also, it can be slow if large datasets are processed.
Drawbacks of React.js
Drawbacks of TensorFlow.js
As TensorFlow is open-source, it gets regularly updated, which makes it hard for developers to keep up with the changes. Also, the developers can’t train ML models; they can only execute them, which is another downside.
This further ensures consistent app behavior across environments (server, native, or client). Also, Redux is easy to learn and debug and works with any UI layer increasing overall flexibility.
Drawbacks of Redux
As all components can access the data, Redux poses a security threat to the companies, especially the ones dealing with sensitive data. Also, Redux has high memory usage, which can be detrimental to the app's performance.
Because you or your developers can get all they need in one library, choosing this DOJO Toolkit can save you time and scale your development process.
Drawbacks of DOJO Toolkit
DOJO has a steep learning curve, probably because of the library's complex functions. Also, several modern-day frameworks, such as React.js, seem to be more reliable and functional than the DOJO Toolkit.
Furthermore, Backbone.js is lightweight, flexible, and has a vibrant community.
Drawbacks of Backbone.js
While several resources are available to learn Backbone.js, it takes time to master the inner workings, resulting in a longer development time. Also, unit testing Backbone.js Views is a complex and time-consuming process.
Released by Google in 2013, Polymer is a library that makes creating reusable web components easy. Developers can use these web components to create single-page web apps, eCommerce apps, hybrid mobile apps, real-time web apps, and progressive web apps.
Drawbacks of Polymer
While creating web components is easy, understanding the structure is pretty hard, which makes the development process slower.
Also, Polymer leads to poor performance in mobile devices and cannot be leveraged for developing large-scale applications.
- Animate On Scroll (AOS): As the name says, AOS helps add animations when a web page is scrolled up or down.
- Bideo.js: It helps add a video to a website's background (a pretty-looking feature).
- Choreographer.js: It helps developers easily animate CSS, even the complex ones.
While you can go for jQuery or React.js, considering their popularity and the features they offer, in practice, it depends on what your requirements are.
For instance, if you want to include data visualizations in your project, you can include D3.js; for auto-filling addresses, you can choose Algolia Places; for data analysis and ML, you can go for TensorFlow, and so on.
- DOM Manipulation: Such libraries help create, remove or change elements from website documents. Example: jQuery
- Maps: These libraries help include maps in websites or web apps. Example: Leaflet.
- User Interface: Such libraries help with the front-end or UI. Example: React.js.
- Charts: Such libraries help display data more creatively. Example: D3.js
- UI Components: Such libraries help create and use UI components. Example: DOJO.
- Animation: These libraries help with adding animations. Example: jQuery or AOS.
- Data Handling: Such libraries help handle data more effectively. Example: D3.js.
Need help selecting the right company?
We will do the work for you, all for free.
Tell us what you need